We are committed to Green Tourism policies by providing sutainable, responsible and environmental tourism - much of what makes Bovisand Lodge Holiday Park a special place is its natural landscape. We aim minimise our impact as a holiday park on the environment and keep Bovisand beautiful forever through the following practices:
• Protecting the habitat for wildlife, flora and fauna – we are a bee friendly park and we sow wild meadows and have our own bug hotel.
• Minimise waste by providing recycling facilities.
• Using green/ecological cleaning products and toiletries.
• Reducing our energy consumption and Co2 emissions through the use of solar panels (on the swimming pool roof), keeping fridges set to low, using low energy lighting where possible, using electric vehicles, installing an electric car charger and turning off appliances/sockets when not being used.
• Encouraging the re-use of towels/asking that guests indicate when they need a wash during long stays.
• Using local suppliers to minimise travel miles and purchasing Fair Trade products.
• Reducing waste by bulk purchasing items so there is less packaging required. Usiing refillable items where possible to reduce single use plastics.
Reducing the consumption of printed materials by increasing our electronic communication, including the development of an APP
Encouraging people to walk, cycle or use public transport – including the water taxi! You can start from the Park as we back onto the South West Coat Path and there’s plenty to explore! Maps, Cycle Paths, Guides, Timetables and information on car free days out are available in the Pool hall, or just ask us for a recommendation. We should also mention that our staff car share.